When you have social work as your primary discipline, you will be asked to prepare various written papers. Apparently, a social work paper is a specific assignment, and it has its standards and rules of writing.
If you need a piece of advice, you are welcome to take advantage of these writing guidelines:
- Step 1: Choose a Thought-Provoking Topic. If you want to impress your teacher, you should generate an interesting topic for your social work paper. It is reasonable to choose a relevant social problem and develop a good question for analysis. Finally, social work is a specific discipline. You should try to select a narrow issue for research if you want to complete an informative and valuable paper.
- Step 2: Plan Your Activity. You should plan the process of writing attentively. It is wise to create the outline, which will contain all essential elements and subcategories of your social work assignment. You ought to think about the hypothesis, research questions, methods and tools required for your research. You should know what you want to achieve in the end.
- Step 3: Research Your Topic and Collect Information. Naturally, you ought to research the chosen topic in detail. Since you have a social issue, you should collect up-to-date and trustworthy information. It is smart to apply the method of the interview if you want to gather reliable facts about your question. Interview a few people that are related to your problem and use this data for analysis. Social work assignments are based on statistics and true-to-life facts. You should gather information from different people and compare their words scrupulously. You ought to learn how to ask questions professionally. Furthermore, you should learn how to create the best issues, because the quality of the gathered facts depends on your creativity. Finally, avoid “yes/no” questions, because they do not possess educational value.
- Step 4: Build the Right Structure of Your Social Work Paper. Begin your social work assignment with a captive introduction. Demonstrate the relevance and essence of the issue under analysis. You ought to clarify the choice of this topic and share your expectations with the reader. Moreover, write about the challenges that are waiting for you. Then, write about the methods and techniques of research. The central section of your paper consists of your findings and discussion. Describe the process of research in detail and characterize every essential element of your analysis. You need to analyze the results of your investigation. You can summarize the interviews and evaluate them soberly.
- Step 4: Conclusion. Conclude your social work paper professionally. Evaluate your achievements and say how your paper helps people cope with the chosen social problem.