Free research paper on Fish Oil:
New studies show that fish oil can be effective against many diseases because it contains Omega-3 fatty acid, a significant amount of which is necessary for the metabolism. Omega-3 fatty acid has properties to reduce pain, inflammation, thin the blood and is useful as a preventive means.
Fish oil is widely used in medicine as a dietary supplement to reduce blood pressure or triglycerides (cholesterol-related fats) level. Doctors recommend fish oil to reduce the risk of stroke as well as heart disease. Scientific evidence indicates that fish oil really lowers triglycerides, which helps prevent heart disease and stroke when taken in the recommended amounts. Ironically, taking too much fish oil increases the risk of stroke.
It is proved that fish oil improves attention and memory, helps fight depression and dementia, as well as a positive effect on people with Alzheimer’s disease. Fish oil is also used for the treatment of diabetes, asthma, movement disorders, obesity, kidney disease, weak bones (osteoporosis).
Fish oil is sometimes used after heart transplant surgery in order to reduce high blood pressure, as well as after coronary bypass surgery in cardiology. The two most important fatty acids contained in fish oil, which are undoubtedly useful for the organism, are Omega-3 and eicosapentaenoic acids.
Fish oil is useful in the following conditions:
- High triglyceride. High level of triglycerides in the blood plasma causes the cardio-vascular diseases. Normal level of the triglycerides ensures adequate functioning of the heart. There are several ways to effectively decrease the level of the triglycerides in blood among which: moderate physical exercises, reduced amount of animal fat consumed with food (pork, beef, lamb), and the intake of fish oil that lowers the triglycerides level by 20 % to 50 %.
- Heart disease. The intake of fish oil protects the heart from endogenous (internal) factors. In people who already have heart problems, using omega-3, which is found in fish oil, can prevent the risk of complications such as myocardial infarction and coronary atherosclerosis.
- High blood pressure. Fish oil contributes to lowering blood pressure. It is proved that omega-3 dilates blood vessels and thus lowers systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. Fish oil in combination with therapy promotes more rapid disappearance of morning stiffness. People with rheumatoid arthritis have noted the positive effects of fish oil on the underlying disease.
- Menstrual cramps (endometritis). The use of vitamin B 12, and omega-3 reduces the severity of menstrual cramps
Student using free example research paper topics on fish oil for writing their research proposal on the subject have to indicate that before taking fish oil supplements, it is necessary to consult a doctor, who will prescribe a specific dose and duration of administration, as fish oil lowers the immunity, which may cause the exacerbation of chronic infectious diseases (rhinitis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, etc.). Fish oil thins the blood and therefore increases the risk of bleeding.Free research paper samples and term paper examples available online are plagiarized. They cannot be used as your own paper, even a part of it. You can order a high-quality custom research paper on your topic from expert writers:
EffectivePapers.com is a professional academic paper writing service committed to writing non-plagiarized custom research papers of top quality. All academic papers are written from scratch by highly qualified research paper writers you can hire online. Just proceed with your order, and we will find the best expert for you!